School Closed - Rosh Hashanah
When: Monday, September 30, and Tuesday, October 1, 2019
We at PS 14Q Fairview, want to empower young people to take care of their minds, bodies, and the people around them to build a foundation for lifelong learning.
As we start the New Year, let's list some great ideas to better ourselves to be the best we can!
1. Learn New Things - Find an activity that makes you feel happy. Challenge yourself to sing, dance, cook, draw, etc..
2. Improve Education - There are many ways you can accomplish this, read 20 mins a day, learn a new word, dig deeper with your favorite subject.
3. Stop Eating Junk Food - Limit junk food and replace it with a healthier snack, fruits and veggies work best!
4. Start Exercising - Get your body moving! If it's too cold, or its snowing jog in place, do some push ups, curls up, or stretches.
5. Go "Green" - Try to use less energy, watch less TV, unplug everything and walk to school.
Here are some reasons why sleep is important
• Makes you smarter
• Brightens your mood
• Gives you energy
• Helps you grow