Our News Corner
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are so excited to continue showcasing our new iMac STEAM lab. This will be the 3rd year implementing a STEAM Lab Computer science at PS 14 where Grades 1-5 take part in Science, Technology, through Engineering, Math and the Arts. In addition, we will be showcasing our own. MakerSpaces promote creative thinking, problem solving and collaboration. I truly believe that technology is a vital part of today’s society and that it is important for students of all ages to learn to use it both creatively and safely. This year, students will learn not only 21st century skills to make them successful both in and out of school. The tools they are learning with STEAM will provide them with real world skills to do great things after high schools. In order to meet Common Core Standards, students will also use technology as a tool to: read, research educational websites, learn basic computer skills, create code, problem solve, write to create and publish a variety of projects and presentations. With that they will plan, design and collaborate with their peers. So we look forward to the coming months where students will learn computer science with Coding programs and Engineering with Robotics applications. Our students will be ready! =)
Supplies for Computer Class :
1 pocket folders (can be solid or chosen design) for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade
2+ pencils or pens to place in the folder
some loose leaf paper to place in the folder
- 1 USB Drive for projects (optional)
Computer Wish List
1 Box of Tissues 1 Container of Disinfecting Wipes (Clorox, Lysol, etc.) 1 Bottle of Hand Sanitizer
Don't forget to Sign!
Computer Lab Rules:
1. Clean your hands before using the computers.
2. Work quietly & raise your hand for help.
3. Print only if permission is given.
4. Only open programs and websites you are instructed to use.
5. Do not change any computer settings or move desktop icons.
6. Leave your space clean and organized for the next class.
7. Show kindness and respect for others.
Our Feature Projects! Scan the QR codes
The ISTE Standards
We use the International Society for Technology in Education Standards as a guidance of the global standards for learning, teaching and leading in the digital age.
Practice using the Keyboard!
- Dance Mat Typing http://www.kidztype.com
- ABCYA keyboarding http://www.abcya.com/keyboard.htm
- BigBrownBear Typing http://bigbrownbear.co.uk/learntotype/
- Keybr http://www.keybr.com/#!game
- e-Learning for kids https://en.e-learningforkids.org/computer-skills/
- Keyboarding games: https://www.kidztype.com/browse-typing-games.html